Monday, September 14, 2009

I would say

that today was a glorious day, but it wasn't.

I put on my clothes,
took off my clothes,
showered and sat back down.

(I'm almost positive my clothes went back on at some point, because, believe it or not, I did leave the apartment.)

we began the day with "sleep well, drive carefully."
who does death cab remind me of?

I drove to the phone store
and, amazingly enough, got a charger
for free
so that I could call you.

It's sad the decay that all things material undergo.
It's sad and yet I can't help but smile.

Too many times I've been roped into feelings of inadequacy.
Nothing that shows, of course.
Nothing shown on the outside.
Nothing that really even affects me more than the occasional
tap on the shoulder, the festering feeling that creeps up on me when I'm feeling down.
I do believe it creeps upon us all.

And then I walked, left several voicemails, including a happy birthday to my grandmother, who celebrates hers just a day before her grandson. I stepped in some mud, and I can't remember if I cursed or not.

I pride myself on being "good" with words. But there are sometimes when I cannot communicate what I feel. And it might be the most frustrating thing. Another example of another time I like pictures. I can't wait to show everyone what I've been doing. I need to process.

I feel like if I made a list right now, not a whole lot would change in 10 more.

I'm no longer a teenager. But I guess the west coast doesn't know that yet.

No comments: