Saturday, January 16, 2010

A study:

I thought I had already written you, you sly little entry that slipped through the judgment of the button marked "publish."

-

We spoke of the sometimes unrecognized beauty in purposeful omission, and deliberately crafted syntax. There's beauty there, too, you know, even though I rarely exercise it as such. I want to try to write inconspicuously, directly; yet with poise and fluidity.


I hardly do anything alone, and today was no exception. I woke up and did something I almost never do. I played basketball. I'm not overly athletic, but I played games of 3 on 3 and 4 on 4 with people I didn't know. I then went swimming in a pool on the third story of a brand new building. I rode in a car to get groceries I desperately needed. Before I went in the store, I stopped and knelt to take pictures of legs and wheels of carts.

Before that, I asked "If you were me, what would you pick up at the grocery store?" I needed some inspiration. The only thing I got that I would not normally get is orange juice. You're right, your tastes are pretty simple.

I then proceeded to be unfocused on my homework, take a necessary nap, and listen to a few funky jams from "Antibilas Afrobeat Orchestra."

I'm going to try and attend a free show in about an hour.

I work tonight until around 4 a.m. with one of my favorite people, Tony Padgett. We have lots of fun working together.


This was a study in diction, in calculation, and in dedication.

No comments: